Friday, November 4, 2011

What is that on the floor??

I had the pleasure of visiting the clinic yesterday.  I have been coughing for over 4 weeks now and I don't seem to be getting any better.  For 80 euros I got my lungs listened to, a quick look in my throat, and a diagnosis of pharyngitis.  Oddly, I don't have a sore throat.  Medicine must be taught differently here.  I am pretty sure I am suffering from some kind of irritant, most likely the air pollution and cigarette smoke.  Dave hasn't gotten sick from me, so it's got to be the air, right?  I am now on 3 different medications to alleviate my symptoms.  On a brighter note, Isa is finally showing some signs of getting over her incessant runny nose and cough which she's had for 6 weeks now.  However, in an unconscious effort to maintain a yin and yang balance in the universe, she promptly had a blowout diarrhea which leaked down her leg, was stepped in, and then tracked all over the house like a dog coming in from a muddy backyard. Needless to say, we spent our Friday night mopping the entire apartment. 

We had a great time with Dave's parents.  We did some sightseeing and checked out the Seville cathedral... which was amazing!  The architecture was incredible and as a bonus, we got to see Christopher Columbus, or at least his tomb.

 That's Christopher Columbus in there! 

 Camila definitely deserves a trip to Disney after enduring all the visits to churches and cathedrals we've been doing.

You won't find another 2 yr. old and 3 yr. old that can drink out of wine glasses better than my two.  Who needs sippy cups?

~ Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment