Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to school

clic language school

This week I started Spanish classes at clic, which is in the commercial center of Sevilla, about a 10 minute walk from our apartment.  The school occupies a very nicely remodeled building teeming with young people from all over Europe.  I opted to enroll in a conversation and grammar review class which, as it turns out, is well above my level.  After the first class, I left with my head spinning after an hour of trying to follow the all Spanish format.  Take me away SeƱor  Cruzcampo! (beer)  Nonetheless, it  is getting easier every day and I have learned a lot about the imperfect and preterit verb tenses (remember grammar? I don't!)  The class is very small so I get a lot of extra attention, but the downside is there is nowhere to hide.   Currently, my other classmates are two 17 year old Swiss girls.  There was another girl who looked to be about 10, but she switched classes.  Man I feel old. Time to get some Spanx!

Next week I am starting the general intensive course, which is 4 hours a day in the mornings.  We shall see how this works for my family.  The girls have been home from school all week with colds so Ali and I haven't had any free time together.  We are hoping to go to Lagos, Portugal next weekend for a beach trip. At this, we are experts.

My walk to school

2 comments:

  1. WOW Dave! Super impressed with your school efforts! When you return, you can hold a Spanish grammar class and invite us all! I'll bring the champagne! Hugs to all your girls! xo Sus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stroll to Spanish school with two Swiss girls for four hours....sounds suspicious! You better be fluent in a month. Vic

    ReplyDelete