Thursday, September 29, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting

Dave comes home from school and excitedly shows me one of those phone numbers you rip off  a homemade flyer posted on a random wall... he even took a picture so I could read it myself.

this is the actual flyer

For those who can't read Spanish, I will translate:  "I am young college student who is sweet, fun, outgoing, and friendly, and I offer my services for babysitting, housecleaning, and pet walking."  In other words, "I am a gypsy who, the second you walk out that door, will call some other members of my family who will swiftly come over to steal all of your things, and then we will take your precious babies and sell them on the black market for lots of Euros.  You will never see them again!"

Are you crazy!?!?  I just called our real estate girl who helped us find the apartment and who actually happens to do babysitting on the side.  She has 7 nieces and nephews and she lives and works right down the street from us.  I am still terrified about this first babysitting gig, but she is very sweet and really the only wrong thing about her, like the majority of people here, is that she smokes.  She'll have to lay off the cigs on Saturday night.  

Oh, yeah...we have plans for Saturday night.  The Ikea guy and his wife have invited us out to an Improv show (in Spanish of course!).  We're hoping to go eat some good tapas too.  I'm excited and scared.  Everyone please cross your fingers our babies will not be kidnapped.

On a different note, after some research, I have discovered some farmer's markets in town and some better, bigger grocery stores.  I found out about them online, so next week, while the girls are in school, I will start on my mission for better quality and better selection of food.  Happiness!  


2 comments:

  1. The flyer is hilarious. I'd be a little nervous too. Fingers crossed! Everything will be fine. Have fun. Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will she travel to the US?? Shoot me an email and a time you can call me. Lets get this thing booked.

    ReplyDelete