Tuesday, October 18, 2011

La comida!

On Sunday evening, we decided to sit down and try the online grocery shopping thing.  It took a LONG time navigating the online store, trying to figure out what food we wanted, and learning the metric sizes of the packages.  Luckily, the store saves your shopping list so it's quicker the next time you place an order.  My delivery came as scheduled and I was thrilled with the service!  As a bonus, there is no delivery fee if you spend at least 200 Euros.  The girls should have enough snacks to last several months.  Here's a picture after I had already unpacked a few of the bags.


I have been a little stressed lately over what and how much the girls are eating.  Some days they eat real food, some days they will eat only junk, and some days they eat nothing but crackers and milk.  Camila has lost some weight but Isabel looks the same with her protuberant belly.  I am even allowing them to drink juice and chocolate milk (my friends who know my household restrictions are gasping right now) just to get extra calories in them.  So today I had a great laugh when I read Isa's teacher's entry in her school book.  The girls each have a notebook where the teachers and parents can communicate daily regarding how the kids ate, used the bathroom, etc.


Under observations it says "Como come!  Lo suyo y lo de sus compis."  English translation: "How she eats!  Her food AND that of her classmates."  That's my Isa!  

~Ali

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of groceries! I really don't think you should worry about the girls eating. I think most people eat less when visiting a different country. I'm sure they're appetite will be back to normal soon. The note is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely hysterical! I actually laughed out loud. I love this blog. Miss you guys. hope things are getting easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure the girls won't starve to death. I agree with you Matt.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete