Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Photo Art of Mateo P

Guest blogger: Matt Pettigrew

I love being immersed in a completely different culture with ways of living that help to deconstruct my own conditioned existence.  Perhaps that is why i enjoy traveling since it allows me to to step outside of the nice little routines that I have set in place for myself.  After freeing myself and having more time to reflect, I feel that my thoughts begin to change and what follows is more spontaneity, creativity, and ultimately an increased feeling of joy.  Of course this feeling of joy is transient like all things, but I always welcome the opportunity to break free and experience something fresh and new again because I think it is good for me.  Am I a hedonist or am I looking to grow and learn more?  Perhaps both?  Maybe neither?  One thing I know for sure is that I love traveling and will continue to do so as long as I have the means to do so.


Thanks Dave and Ali for being great hosts.  Sevilla would not be the same without you.    


Time for another glass of wine!              
















3 comments:

  1. Isa is biting that sandwich to death like it's prey. I love that picture! Gosh, I miss them so much. -Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt's pictures are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete